Monday, July 14, 2014

Potato Soup & Cream Cheese Buttercream

This post is super random but I want to share 2 things I've made recently that were so yummy. I found them both on Pinterest no doubt. 

I crave a lot of weird things these days like pizza lunchables and Huey's cheese fries. Well the other day in the middle of summer I wanted potato soup. Like I NEEDED it. I found this awesome recipe for crock pot soup. I love throwin stuff in my crock pot and letting it work its magic. It wasn't a lot of ingredients and took 2 seconds to prepare. I cooked it for 6 hours and voila! Dinner! Matt ate 2 bowls. I can't wait to make it in the cold winter months. So happy I found it! Here's the link:



On a completely different note, I made some delicious cupcakes for 4th of July to celebrate my grandma and grandpa's birthdays and America. I made my secret recipe doctored cake mix cupcakes and put the cream cheese buttercream on top. I made white cake so I could dye it blue and red. I bought red and blue vanilla candy melts from Hobby Lobby and used a candy mold to make the little stars on top. It's so yummy! The buttercream was light and fluffy and the perfect flavor. I stored it over night in the fridge and it did well. If you do put it in the fridge be sure to let it sit out for a little while before you eat it the next day so it can soften. It's best to eat right away but that can't always happen. Here's the link:



Happy eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment