Monday, July 2, 2012

Picture Frames Made of Maps, Mats, & Windows

Last week I was feeling especially crafty. I am constantly looking for ways to improve my house. I also want my house to be very personal and express who we are. It will never be finished. Always a work in progress. I guess that's just how my brain decided it wants to work. Anyways, Pinterest makes my problem SO much worse. I'm not complaining though!! Here's what I've been up to:

First I made souvenirs from our honeymoon in NYC and our latest San Francisco trip. I already had maps from the 2 places which made this craft so easy! I got 2 black frames at Michaels (about $9 each...but I had a coupon that made one of them $4.50). I framed my favorite picture from both trips and put black scrapbook paper behind each of them. It's pretty self explanatory. I saw this on Pinterest and knew that I had to try it. I love how they turned out!




I also made a craft out of our First Dance lyrics from our wedding. This is also self explanatory. I got the frame at Hobby Lobby for $9 and I also got the Burlap flower there for $3. I love it!


Lastly, I've had this window hanging in my kitchen for a while that I got at Sheffield's and I've been wanting to do something with it. It looked to bare or something. Then I found an idea on Pinterest! I turned it into a picture frame with scrapbook paper and engagement pictures that I taped to the back of the frame. It is now complete I think. I love it!




I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment